Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm Dreaming...

...of last weekend and all the fun we had in the snow.
Our first snow as residents of NC.
The boys' first "Snow Day".
I always imagined what it would be like to have a "Snow Day".
No school because it was snowing outside!!
How fun?!
Our schools in FL would close for "Weather Days"
which meant that there was a hurricane coming.
Yeah, not much fun.
Being very thankful for the Wellies I got last month. They came in very handy and were actually the only thing we had between the four of us suitable for this weather.
Note to self: must get winter gear for our family 'cause this place actually has...winter.

My hubbie and I were talking last night and we said that it was
almost like we had been on vacation last weekend.
No errands to rush off and get done.
We relaxed at home, played games, played in the snow,
baked yummy desserts, stayed up late...
It was a much needed break.
Here's to more weekends like that!
Have you entered this month's giveaway?
Here's your chance. Click here

4 comments:

  1. Yes, more weekends like that, but after we catch up on out-of-the-house things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! :) Glad ya'll had so much fun! Wish I could have been there to enjoy some snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fellow Floridian experiences her first NC snow day! OK, here's some NC winter secrets :
    1. This is the most snow we've had in about 3 years (maybe more!) Don't expect this to happen every winter...or you will be disappointed.
    2. A sure way to keep it from snowing for at least 2 years is to buy a sled. I know this from personal experience. :D
    3. After a couple of years of not having 'snow' wear, I caved. Now, every.single.year. all four kids have snow bibs, snow boots, snow jacket, snow gloves...you get the picture. Reason = it makes those elusive snow days much more fun for the kids and sooo much easier for mom.
    4. To acquire said items mentioned in number 3, go to Ebay. Buy them used.
    5. OK, so I don't have a number 5..but I am glad you enjoyed the white stuff. We love it at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you enjoyed your snow weekend. This Toledo OH girl didn't know what quality of childhood my kids would have when we lived in Florida. That's the real reason we moved to Kentucky.

    Hee hee.

    Love,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete