Monday, July 26, 2010

Randomness and A Winner


It was crazy 'round here this weekend. We spent most of our time indoors. The severe weather alert that flashed across the screen warned us of the heat index. They told us to stay inside because it felt like 108 degrees outdoors. You don't have to tell me twice. I'm very fragile and wilt easily. We did manage to get out to a pool party, but the water was like bath water - not very refreshing. I grew up at a beach in Florida and never do I remember being warned to stay indoors because of the heat. This is NC, what's the deal?
Anyway, enough about that. I really enjoyed all the sweet birthday wishes and comments that everyone left over the weekend. I love you all dearly. Unfortunately, there can only be one winner of the birthday loot. And the winner is...
*Congratulations*
Oh, and here's a random little decorating tip for you...see the chubby dove in the photo above? He was totally different and looked so real when I received him for Christmas last year. He actually gave me the creeps. I felt like he was staring at me no matter where in the house I put him. But he was special because someone I love gave him to me. And I liked his plumpness (of course). I decided to paint him with a few coats of acrylic paint and I love how he turned out. So, my tip is when you're shopping for accessories, don't pass over something because you don't like the color. The color can be changed very easily.
Is there something in your house that you'd love more if it were painted a different color? (piles of dirty laundry don't count)

1 comment:

  1. are you sure laundry doesn't count?
    we changed the color of the 70's stereo cabinet and will be posting pics soon...not sure whether to distress it or not...it is now a pale ivory.

    ReplyDelete