Monday, July 12, 2010

Here I Go Again...



I don't know what it is about doors, but I just have a thing for them.
Last week, on the front porch of an adorable old house in my area,
I saw this antique screen door leaning against the wall.
Every time I drove by, I found myself sighing.
I really liked it and wanted it to be mine in a bad way.
I was tempted to stop and ask the owners of the house
it they would be interested in selling it.




Until Saturday,
when I drove by and saw they were having a yard sale.
And what do you think was leaning against the tree out front?
My screen door!!

Between the two of us, we had 10 bucks.
So, I turned around.
It was worth a shot.

I walked up and asked the very nice man who lived in the house,
how much he was asking for the door frame.

His response?

"Two dollars."

I said, "Two dollars?! Um, I'll take it!"
I couldn't get my hands on it fast enough.

So, here it is hanging over the couch in our living room.


I'm not sure what I'll put inside it yet, if I do anything.
But I'm sure glad it found a good home.

13 comments:

  1. Sweet door! Mark looks very at home with it behind him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it doesn't look like you had to do anything to it! I think it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it! Looks great and what a price!!
    Lovely score!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love it when God just "bestows" something?!
    Praying for you & your mom....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this and what a fun story! I love those happy endings and the price makes it even better! It looks right at home over your couch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you! I gravitate to the weatherworn, the chunky and the shabby, but chic pieces. LOVE this! It really pops against your wall color. Well done!

    When little "coincidences" like this happen, I call it a God wink. He knows the desires of our hearts and something as simple as a discarded, weathered door leaning on the front porch of a neighbor turns into a powerful message that He sees us and loves to bring us joy (:

    By the way...very cute blog title (:

    Michele
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Glad I'm not the only one with a weird obsession with old windows & doors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous! and i like it just as is. i don't think it needs anything inside!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute door, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love old doors too. If I would have been there I may have fought you for it. Those with the arch top are hard to find. It looks so cute on the wall. Great find.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh...and where did you pick up the cute guy sitting below the door?

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, love it! Saw one in Wyoming last week, too bad we didn't have room to haul it to Southern Cali!

    ReplyDelete